five days and four nights in the Pearl of the Caribbean
Single room supplement $0
Tour introduction and overview of activities
Explore the heart and soul of the Cuban revolution and the dynamic society and culture it has brought into existence.
All are warmly welcomed to participate. A special feature of the tour is the presence of American veterans and supporters who have fought in foreign wars and returned home to advocate for peace.
On this tour you’ll witness Cuban culture at its best. We’ll visit historic Old Havana and learn about its 500 year history. You see amazing art, hear incredible music, and experience the Cuban countryside and nature at its best. Most meals are included featuring Cuban and international cuisine. And you have time to explore on your own.
Going to Cuba has never been more convenient and less expensive.
With daily non-stop flight from cities around the country, no matter where you live, you can join us in Havana and start your Cuban adventure. And because these are scheduled flights on American carriers, not charters, the round trip is less than half of what it cost just a couple of months ago.
Here is what Jim has to say about the new tours.
I’m very excited to be working with my partners at Cuba Explorer to offer these new tours. I’ve taken the best elements of my 7-8 day trips, and created an action and educational filled week with music, dancing, art, great food, history, and most of all, the incredible Cuban people.
Although the itinerary is full of great things to see, hear, and eat, we allow for free time for you to explore on your own. This has proven very popular with those who have travelled with me earlier. Cuba is the safest country I’ve visited, with violent crime virtually non-existent. If you want a longer stay, we can arrange for accommodations in a private home after the 5 Day tour is finished. In March of 2016, 2 of my tour members were able to extend their trip and see the Obama’s and the Rolling Stones. I encourage you to see what those who have traveled with me have to say.
We will also meet with ordinary Cubans, military veterans and health care workers who will explain their role in their society, and their desire to live in peace with the United States. I warmly invite you, your friends and family to join us on an upcoming tour to this magical island.
Los Angeles, California
Email me for specific questions about this tour. I look forward to hearing from you.
Included in tour cost
- All taxes. Prices listed are the total amounts you pay. All amounts are quoted in US dollars
- Airport transfers: We meet you at José Martí Int’l Airport in Havana and take you to your hotel upon arrival. We return you to José Martí Airport for departure
- Hotels as listed in tour itinerary or similar
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners as per itinerary
- All activities, services, speakers, meetings and meals as described in tour itinerary except those noted as “optional” or “not included in cost.”
- Luxury air-conditioned coach transportation and a full-time professional driver
- An expert Cuban English-speaking guide and translator whose background matches tour content throughout the program
- Ongoing support from Cuba Education and Explorer Tours staff in Norteamerica, Canada and Cuba before, during and after your stay
- Emergency collect call access to our North American staff while in Cuba
- Emergency cash advances for our tour participants who face complications accessing funds from aboard while in Cuba
Not included in cost
- Domestic or international flights. Please see our suggestions for commercial flights to Cuba
- Mandatory Cuban medical insurance (generally included in the cost of US flights to Cuba)
- Mandatory Cuban Tourist Visa. Purchase your Cuban Tourist Visa here
- Gratuities for tour guide, bus driver, chambermaids, restaurant staff, porters. See Cuba tipping guidelines
- We strongly recommend trip interruption and cancellation insurance. We partner with Allianz Global Assistance for Cuba travel peace of mind