An unrivaled focus on Cuban culture and history
eight days and seven nights in the Pearl of the Caribbean
Single room supplement $0
Tour introduction and overview of activities
This exclusive program promises comfortable, safe, fun people-to-people cultural and arts travel. It is fully escorted. From the minute you land in Havana until you return home, you are in the conscientious care of our fulltime multilingual Cuban guide, together with our professional bus chauffeur. They’re available to assist you in every way.
What makes this trip different is that you will also be accompanied by a well-known writer and historian, Dr. Robert S. McElvaine, who has led a score of trips to Cuba this decade. His informative, fun and educational tours receive rave reviews from participants. The interplay between Professor McElvaine and your Cuban guide adds richly to insights on Cuban history and culture. Together they create a rewarding group dynamic and a most pleasurable sojourn.
“A great trip! Having a resident historian on board made everything fit together so much better. Dr. McElvaine was a big part of our fun and understanding,” said a very experienced world traveler from Mississippi.
Included in tour cost
- All taxes. Prices listed are the total amounts you pay. All amounts are quoted in US dollars
- Airport transfers: We meet you at José Martí Int’l Airport in Havana and take you to your hotel upon arrival. We return you to José Martí Airport for departure
- Hotels as listed in tour itinerary or similar
- All breakfasts. Welcome dinner. Other lunches and dinners as listed in tour itinerary
- All activities, services, speakers, meetings and meals as described in tour itinerary except those noted as “optional” or “not included in cost”
- Luxury air-conditioned coach transportation and a full-time professional driver
- An expert Cuban English-speaking guide and translator whose background matches tour content throughout the program
- Ongoing support from Cuba Education and Explorer Tours staff in Canada before, during and after your stay
- Emergency collect call access to our North American staff while in Cuba
- Emergency cash advances for our tour participants who face complications accessing funds from aboard while in Cubal
Not included in cost
- Domestic or international flights. Please see our suggestions for commercial flights to Cuba
- Mandatory Cuban medical insurance (generally included in the cost of US flights to Cuba)
- Mandatory Cuban Tourist Visa. Purchase your Cuban Tourist Visa here
- Gratuities for Cuban tour guide, bus driver, chambermaids, restaurant staff, porters. See Cuba tipping guidelines
- We strongly recommend trip interruption and cancellation insurance. We partner with Allianz Global Assistance for Cuba travel peace of mind