Included in the cost of every tour is emergency medical insurance from the Cuban agency ASISTUR. All island visitors are required to have this policy in place upon arrival to Cuba.
ASISTUR medical coverage is only valid for the dates of your stay in Cuba. This coverage is limited to emergency medical issues that may arise while in Cuba. This policy does not include non-emergency treatment or non-emergency services for pre-existing conditions.
ASISTUR organizes medical and healthcare services and support across the island for travelers when in need. Emergency response is available 24 hours a day. ASISTUR coordinates services with many major medical and insurance companies globally and some in the United States.
- Medical care in hospital, clinic or home
- Monitoring and attending to the patient’s condition
- Obtaining and issuing medical reports
- Coordination of wheelchairs and medication
- Coordination of air and land ambulance services
- Coordination of medical expenses
- Monitoring and attending to a patient’s condition while in transit
- Airline flight bookings and transportation to the airport
- Accommodations for healthcare providers
- Authorization for air ambulance landing
- Coordination of air and land ambulances
- Assistance from air ambulance crew
- Medical and legal procedures required for funerary services
- Processing of documents with local and consular authorities
- Airline booking and transportation to the airport
- Dispatching appropriate documents to funeral provider
Attention Mandatory Cuban medical coverage is narrow and does not include trip interruption and cancellation insurance. We strongly recommend you purchase trip interruption and cancellation insurance from Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz is the pioneer and leader in Cuba coverage and policies for American visitors to the island.